As a Chandler real estate professional, I love to share with clients why I believe that Chandler, Arizona is a great place to live. Since coming to Arizona myself in 1999, I have seen this area change and grow to be one of the most sought-after communities in our state. Here are 10 reasons why my clients choose Chandler real estate for their next home:
- Weather: Of course, when people think about Arizona, and Chandler real estate in particular, one of the biggest attractions is the weather. Our average annual temperature is around 84 degrees Fahrenheit and we experience nearly 300 days of sunshine each year. Yes, we do have it good here.
- Employment: Chandler is home to many prominent businesses including Intel, Verizon Wireless, PayPal, Orbital, Avnet, and Toyota Financial Services. Living and working in Chandler makes for a very easy commute.
- Proximity to Downtown Phoenix & Airport: Even if your job takes you to Downtown Phoenix, your drive is still a reasonable 25 miles door-to-door. And, if your work requires some air travel, or if you like to vacation in faraway locales, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is roughly 20-25 minutes away.
- Family Focus: Many of my clients look for Chandler real estate because Chandler has such a family-friendly focus. Residential communities are designed with families in mind, with many of them including neighborhood parks and play areas. There are also many community sports leagues and activities for children including San Tan Legacy Soccer and Chandler National Little League. And, if you like festivals, Chandler has those, too. One of the highlights every year is the Ostrich Festival where real live ostriches take center stage among many other attractions.
- Parks & Recreation: Speaking of activity, Chandler offers a plethora of other recreational opportunities. Two of Chandler’s many parks include Tumbleweed Park and Snedigar Sports Complex. You’ll also find several aquatic parks sprinkled throughout the city that make for great summertime fun.
- Top-Rated Schools: Chandler Unified School District continues to shine as one of the state’s best. Having received a “A” rating from the Arizona Department of Education for four years running, CUSD boasts 11 of the top 100 highest ranked schools in Arizona.
- Downtown Chandler: Offering a unique charm and appeal to residents and visitors alike, Downtown Chandler is the place to be for dining, shopping, and entertainment. With a variety of restaurants, specialty shops, and the Chandler Center for the Arts, as well as periodic street fairs and events, Downtown Chandler is a great area in which to grab a bite, take a walk, and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
- Shopping: If you like to shop, Chandler has everything you need including one of the largest-area malls, the Chandler Fashion Center. You can also find national retailers throughout the city, as well as The Shoppes at Casa Paloma, an outdoor shopping venue where you can find everything from fashion to fitness.
- Golfing: With nearly a dozen golf courses within the city limits alone, you can have your choice of locations for a day on the links or just an hour or so to practice your putt. And, there are plenty of Chandler real estate golf communities, so you can even walk out of your back door and hit the course in no time at all!
- Outdoor Experiences: Do you enjoy the great outdoors? If you like to hike, bike, or horseback ride, you don’t have to travel too far to do so. South Mountain and San Tan Mountain are just a few minutes away and offer the best of outdoor Arizona.
Want to learn more about what makes Chandler such a great place to live? I would be happy to provide more insight and show you some beautiful homes in the area. As a specialist in Chandler real estate, with more than 15 years in the business and an active involvement in the real estate industry, I can offer the experience and expertise needed if you want to make Chandler your next home.